RE: [sd-2] Re: Testing SD2? - Absolutely! / scientific method

denis bider yahoo at denisbider.com
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 02:39:01 +0200

> -M: *IF* you want to be *scientific*, the two processes should only
> differ by ONE variable. In this case, that variable would only be the
> algorithm employed to analyze the data. The data should be
> identical if you want to use only one experimental group.

The Condorcet portion of the collected data can be analyzed with either
Condorcet or PageRank, and I'm planning on doing both. So I think that
satisfies your above criterion (only 1 variable, for that part).

Additionally, I'm planning on collecting the non-candidate-restricted data
specifically for analysis with PageRank. True, the question will be on the
same sheet (most likely), but I think it's sufficiently orthogonal to the
first one that it won't corrupt the data that would be collected if there
was just question 1 (ordering of candidates).

Do you see a significant fault in this reasoning, or do you think it will be
acceptable to have both questions on the same sheet?