SD2 is This Week's Users Choice at Global Ideas Bank.

Mark parashakti108 at yahoo.com
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:52:54 -0000

Copied from Global Ideas Bank:
---------------------------------------
ABOUT NEWS THE IDEAS BANK SUCCESS STORIES PRACTICAL HELP GIB STORE
DONATIONS FORUMS HOME
SEARCH THE BANK
UnLtd - helping UK social entrepreneurs
Get social invention and creativity feeds...

The Natural Death Centre: info on woodland burials and green funerals

January 30th: International Internet-Free Day
[...]
Editor's Choice
 Select the House of Lords by lottery  65%
"More than any other political group," Viscount Cranborne, Leader of
the House of Lords, claimed recently, "the Lords is a body chosen by
lot". In his ...
MORE »

This Week's User Choice
 Structural Deep Democracy (SD2)  100%
Structural Deep Democracy (SD2) uses PageRank as a centrality
algorithm to analyse votes to determine the center of TRUST in a
human trust network. Th...
MORE »
[...]

It won the Users Choice because *I* gave it a high rating! They use
the *in-degree* algorithm(popularity) which self-ratings are given
power. PageRank doesn't respect self ratings. Had GIB used the
PageRank algorithm, my idea wouldn't be highly ranked until ranked by
highly ranked people.

-Shanti
-Mark, Seattle WA USA