Fwd: Re: Structural Deep Democracy(SD2) / Guillotine party

Mark parashakti108 at yahoo.com
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:55:04 -0000

--A-Better-United-Nations@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" wrote:
--"John T. Dale Jr." wrote:

>J: Dear Mark, Your Structural Deep Democracy model seems to apply to
representative democracy models in general.  However, the principle
of representative democracy seems fairly confined to the nation-state
system. It does not translate easily into transnational democratic
models because it is based on voting for people rather than for
principles.

-M: Who would be held accountable to impliment principles? With SD2,
all accountability is centered around five people. With your direct-
democracy, the 51% majority is NOT accountable to the 49% minority.
This is why direct-democracy fails at a large scale.

>J: One of the things we need to investigate, IMO, is international
direct democracy, where people are voting as world citizens on global
public issues and on the principles or levels of organization that
should be applied to those issues. What do you think? Yours, John Dale

-M: The French tried direct-democracy. We don't need an international
Guillotine party. We need the best representitives possible to keep
the "lemmings" in check.

--- End forwarded message ---