Fwd: Re: deep democracy / SD2 / who is right?

Mark parashakti108 at yahoo.com
Tue, 05 Apr 2005 22:18:31 -0000

--- In sd-2@yahoogroups.com, MARC HILL wrote:

>mH: It is not a matter of the system being better, but of it being
more functional. deciding is one thing. having others follow through
on your decisions is another.

-M: It seems to me that the *test* of "better" or "worse" is its
functionality in acheiving goals.

>mH: The algorithm can decide, but it cannot inspire others to
follow, nor can it guarantee that those chosen will be able to
inspire.

-M: Agreed. The same goes for the in-degree algorithm as well.

>mH: That is why its functionality is only a guideline of the
optimality of the network. The case in point is the organisation of
this group. If it is not functional in the organisation of this
group, how in the hell is it going to be functional in the
organisation of the planet.

-M: Agreed. Teamwork is extremely important. I encourage you to do
your part.

-Shanti
-Mark, International Social Organizer, SD2
-Seattle WA USA