Re: [sd-2] Re: empty seats / Lemming City.

ro-esp ro-esp at dds.nl
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 19:51:33 +0200

Citeren Mark <parashakti108@yahoo.com>:

> --ro-esp wrote:
> >RE: Those who voted for Bush were only a 25% minority. The problem
> is that no one cares about the 50% that didn't vote. What is needed
> is a voting-system in which everyone also has the "none-of-those-
> listed"-option.
>
> -M: The main people who don't care about the 50% non-voter's votes
> are the non-voters themselves.

no jantjes-van-leiden (lame jokes to abort real discussion) on this list please

> -M: With SD2, there are no candidate listings. Every voter is a
> candidate.

even those who don't want to ? strange...

> I recommend studying SD2.

do you have a brochure ? (seriously)

> >RE: Those who use it should be represented by empty seats in
> parliaments etc. _without_ changeing the criterium for a majority.
> This means:51% of the representatives present being for something is
> not enough, it takes more than half the seats...Of course, this means
> that if only half the voters vote for a candidate, the gremium in
> question would be powerless. I don't see that as a problem, since
> they would be able to organise referenda, let the decision be taken
> by a "higher" or "lower"gremium AND they could organise new elections
> with additional parties running. In the US this could lead to an end
> for the very strange two-party-system groetjes, Ronaldo
>
> -M: Ronaldo, this sounds like major grid-lock,

???

> and for no philosophical reasons that I know of.

the main reason is to prevent that a govt claims to represent the majority,
when in fact only a minority voted for them

> With SD2, there could be multitudes on non-voting representitives, but only
>  the top five would vote.

under mussolini the trains were on time....

> My system is more efficient, more simple,

than how come I don't grasp it yet

gottago
 more meritocratic,

--