Fwd: Re: Structural Deep Democracy(SD2) Q@A/ Bushmonkey algorithm

Mark parashakti108 at yahoo.com
Fri, 01 Apr 2005 07:17:56 -0000

--HighIQSingles@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" wrote:
--"Ryan Mathew Parr" wrote:
> "Mark" wrote:

> > -M: You seem to be trying to defend the *in-degree*(vote
counting) algorithm. This is what gave us the Bushmonkey. So, are you
still advocating the Bushmonkey algorithm?

>R: No, I believe that the founding fathers were onto something.

-M: They were brilliant men who started a representitive democratic
revolution that spread throughout the world - they were onto
something. Madison was rightfully concerned about the "empassioned
masses" this is why they chose a *republic* instead of a *democracy*.
When the French experimented with a populistic-democracy, this led to
the Blood-Bath. SD2 is inspired by American republicanism, and tries
avoiding the problems of populism. I have wanted to call SD2 "pure
republicanism" but this scares people because it reminds them of
something entirely different - the Republican Party.

>R: Though, who is to say Bush hasn't been elected through poll
counts being manipulated? I suppose we will never truly know on that
one, though I believe the system of democracy that we have in place
is one of the best democratic systems in the world.

-M: I do to. Is this supposed to be a point?

-M: What I propose for all current stable republics is a reform in
the media and educational systems. This is from "SD2 Vision" in the
files section of my group:
-------------------
1. 51% or more of the media using SD2 to select top editors.

2. 51% or more of schools and districts using SD2 to select top
administators and superintendents.

3. At least one mainstream political party in each G-8 nation using
SD2 to organize its leadership.

4. All disputed territories organized by SD2.

5. 51% or more of the nonprofit/independent sector, including
religions, organized under an SD2 umbrella.

6. Emerging republics organized by SD2. [...]

-M: So I am NOT promoting any constitutional changes.

-M: The PageRank process that I have been promoting wouldn't be for
official elections, but it would be a way for the media and the
parties to narrow down the candidates. Cool?

>R: If only we knew who is deciding in the election process.

-M: The "Old Boys" network has a powerful influence. I know a lot
about them, but I don't want to talk too much.

--- End forwarded message ---